Steering the Parrot AR Drone Helicopter is complete fun on its own as you need to tilt and control your compatible Apple device controller for changing directions. Your enjoyment is enhanced by the breath taking video views received and the touch screen movements used for acceleration and speed reduction.
One of the ground breaking features of the Parrot AR Drone Helicopter is the means by which it is steered. A visible technological first, it is the very first machine controlled by full fledged gadgets – the I-phone, I-pod touch or I-pad – using wireless connectivity. Very simply, the machine is controlled by tilting the wireless apple controller for directional changes, increasing and reducing speeds using touch movements and accelerometer of the controller. However, this is only possible by installing the AR Free flight application and placing the controller in Airplane mode.
Numerous sensors are located under the central hull of the Parrot AR Drone Helicopter to assist with steering the machine and its overall motion management. These include the mini Inertial Measurement Unit system which works in tandem with the High Speed camera located at the bottom of the machine. These inertial measurements give room for automatic in-flight stabilization using pitch, yaw and roll movements, similar to those used for balancing vessels at sea. They also contributes greatly to the functionality of the tilting movements, in so far as the wireless network is in operation. These in-built technologies make it really easy to steer the machine for all kinds of movement and also control it effectively after bumping into foreign bodies.
Outlined below are step by step tips to help you easily steer your Parrot AR Drone Helicopter for an enjoyable in-flight experience.
· Ensure that the batteries on the machine and on your controller device are fully charged at all times.
· Download the AR free flight application from the I-tunes online store. Install it on your Apple I-pod touch or I-phone.
· Switch your Apple controller device to “Airplane” mode.
· Power on your Drone machine and ensure that the wireless network is activated.
· Switch on the Wi-fi on your controller device and connect to the wireless network range of the machine.
· Activating the Free Flight application within the wireless network range would automatically synchronize both devices.
A single touch of the launch button at the middle bottom of your controller’s screen brings the Drone to life. Without any action, the Parrot AR Drone helicopter will leap to a few feet off the ground waiting for controls to guide it further and higher